Friday, June 26, 2009

Rain and a pinch flat...

After riding with my brother, I was looking forward to going out and pushing myself really hard on the roads. I conveniently ran into an old buddy (David Paul) from my freshman year at BYU. He works at BYU's "Outdoors Unlimited" store and I saw him when we dropped Dale's rental bike. We got to talking, and it turns out that he is doing the LOTOJA this September. He's been doing a lot of training rides, and best of all, he has a lot of variety in his training routes. We made plans, and solidified going for a ride down to the mouth of Spanish Fork Canyon, then coming back and going up Hobble Creek Canyon. I was excited to get some variety!
We left at about 8:30 and headed off with clouds looming in the distance. By the time we made it to Springville, the rain was coming down enough that the water on the road was spraying from my tire onto my butt. That was miserable.
We kept riding and pushing hard. We were having a great ride and keeping a good pace... then it happened. David called ahead to me... he had a flat. We assume he had a pinch flat. Luckily, we have a bike rack on my car, so I called Bridget to come pick us both up.

This is what we looked like riding in the rain...


At least we weren't like these fools in the 2005 LOTOJA. Yeah, it snowed on these gangstas on the 10th of September... they had no clue what they were getting into...


We made it home, wet but safe. Looks like we'll have to go on another ride.

Miles ridden before going flat: about 9

3 comments:

  1. I love how you conveniently leave out what LOTOJA means so that we have to look it up. That's like me saying, I can't wait to go to WPPI in March! But I'm a smart one. I know what it is now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't even be a gangstah! If you would have read my second post about riding with Frank, you'd know what the LOTOJA is...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dane's right he did mention it on an earlier post. Now are you going to tell us what WPPI is, Abbie.......Now you two quit fighting. :) I think it would be miserable riding in the rain. What a blessing that David got a flat tire and that Bridget was home to come and get you. Keep being safe.

    ReplyDelete