Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Bike rides with my Brosef...

So, my brother (or my brosef as I call him) drove down from Washington to check out the aviation school that I am going to because he is probably going to transfer down to attend with me! That is really exciting, and equally exciting is his desire to pursue bike riding to get out to school (just like me!) and also to get into shape. He's been riding a ghetto mountain bike back in Washington, but I told him we had to try out a road bike when he came down. So, we went to BYU's "Outdoor's Unlimited" shop and rented a road bike for $33 dollars for 24 hours. That's dang good! We went out to the airport yesterday so I could show him my ride out to school that he will be taking this fall. Then we went out early this morning and rode up to Bridal Veil Falls. We even took a picture on my cell phone to prove it! Dale did great for not being in "biking shape" and coming to our high altitude (about 4600 ft.). I can see biking being a great thing for him.
It was a blast showing him around on a bike. It was a lot of fun showing him how to get used to a road bike. He could really see and feel the difference of a road as compared to a mountain bike. I even taught him how to get on and off a bike so can get on his bike more effeciently. Standing on the left side, you put your left foot on the left pedal, push and then swing your right foot over. Pretty cool.
Here we are at Bridal Veil Falls this morning.
This is the bike Dale rented from BYU's store. It's freakin' nicer than mine!! Not fair!


Total miles ridden with my brosef: 19.2

6 comments:

  1. Dane, I don't think I could ever ride a bike with you because I'd look like such a pansy next to your hardcore-ness ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you Dale. Are you exhausted. And now for how to get on a bike efficiently..........that is how I learned to get on a bike expecially if you're riding a boys bike. Kind of like a horse. That was funny to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently I do not get on my bike correctly. I'll have to try the "correct" way and let you know what I think. I need a road bike, the mountain bike is super, duper heavy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are looking SO cool - and is there really that big of a difference between roads and mountains... I;ve never ridden a road bike, but I took my mountain bike up to bridal veil falls a couple weeks ago and it wasn't too bad. Mayeb I will have to try a rental from Outdoors Unlimited, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude, that's how I always get on a bike. I think that comes from Dad and Mom. They always got on like that. Anyway. It makes me so jealous to see you guys hanging out. Maybe the three Smith kids will be in Provo this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The three Smith kids? What about Emalei? Or do you mean Dane, Dale and ME? We are the only three Smiths left :)

    ReplyDelete