Saturday, July 11, 2009

A ride on a whim...

Yesterday (Friday) Bridget left early to go on a ride with a couple of girls from our ward. i was left alone at home trying to decide if I wanted to go one a ride. We have both been on ride together and separately this week, which I haven't had time to blog recently. Here is a pic from our Tuesday adventure.

L-R Chris, Mike Bridget and me at the end of the Hobble Creek trail


So anywho, there I was sitting in bed trying to drag my bum out of the bed, and I decided that I wanted to do another new ride. This brings me to a side note. Cycling is bringing out the adventurer in me. I am no longer content with the same ride over and over again. I need some variety. Pretty soon we'll be taking road trips to great places like Washington, St. George, and Vegas. On my wish list right now is Nor-Cal... don't know if we'll have time for that though.
So, back to my bed. I decided to ride to the mouth of American Fork Canyon because it is one of my goals to ride the Alpine Loop this year, and I'll have to know how to navigate from my place to the start of the loop. I had an eventful ride (for me at least), and enjoyed the change in scenery. What is a good ride without getting lost during part of it? Yeah, I did, but no worries... I found my way. Luckily I'm in Utah, or else would still be lost... thank you grid system!
Once I got to the mouth of the canyon in Cedar Hills, I decided to extend my ride to go say hi to my Bishop and his family, who just moved to Lehi (just east of Thanksgiving Point). I showed up and they entreated me... they're so kind! After a chat, some ice-water and a quick glance at the map, I headed home. I had a gorgeous ride home on Lone Peak Blvd, passing the Mt. Timpanogos Temple. The Blvd was long, straight and had a slight decline... exactlly what I needed! It was a fun cruiser. I made it home tired and spent, but I loved the ride. I love getting out on the road and pushing myself, seeing new places, and even occasionally getting lost.
I have used a website called mapmyride.com that helps to find routes for rides. This time, I mapped out my ride, so you click HERE to see my exact ride that I took. Let me know what you think!

Miles on a whim: 45.4 (45.7 according to mapmyride.com)

3 comments:

  1. This was great to read first thing Saturday morning. I feel like I got my exercise in for the day. I'm exhausted. KBS

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an ANIMAL!!! Nice job riding all the way to never never land and back! - Steven Chalk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for finally posting again dude. I was struggling there for a while. And thanks for being an inspiration and getting after it. Keep it up brosef!

    ReplyDelete