Saturday, May 30, 2009

Early morning ride with Frank

On Friday night, I got a text from a buddy of mine, Frank Pyle, asking me if I wanted to go for a bike ride. I have been lucky enough to have a ton of friends who like to go riding. These guys are not lazy riders either. These guys are willing to go out and get tired and have a great time.
I met Frank through my bro-in-law, Ben Woods. They're close buddies, and in turn, Frank has a great relationship with the Layton family (my in-laws). A while back, we found out that we're both into road biking, so we've gone a couple times together now. We set the time for 8 a.m. to head out this morning. We did "the usual" which is just from my place to Vivian Park and back, and we had a great morning to do it. Another amazing, cloudless and comfortable morning. Since it was a Saturday morning, it was a lot busier than I am used to. There was some sort of run/race going on on the Provo River Trail, but it didn't bother us too much.


Here I am at Vivian Park. I know...the bike and the jersey clash. :( Boo Utes!


Frank and I had some good talks. He mentioned that he was doing some intense relay race/run next month with a bunch of buddies. It goes from Logan, Ut to Park City, Ut. There are 12 legs, and he is doing some pretty intense training for it. This got us talking, and he brought up a race called the LOTOJA Classic. It goes from Logan, Ut to Jackson,Wy...thus the name. Check it out here. The course in 206 miles, and has some pretty decent vertical. It would deffinitely be something to start getting in shape for NOW. This would not be for the faint of heart. You have to finish before dark to finish. Sounds pretty hardcore.We'll have to see where my summer riding takes me.
All in all, Frank and I had a satisfying ride. We enjoyed ourselves, and plan on going for a ride every saturday morning together.

Here we are t the end of the ride. My goal is to be as tan and buff as Frank...


Miles enjoyed: 22.8

2 comments:

  1. Sounds exhausting but I love people that are physically active. So motivational..... continue to be safe.

    ReplyDelete